Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Lauderdale County Alabama

President's Home.jpg
The President’s Home is located on the University of North Alabama campus. Ground was broken for this building in August 1939 when the university was under the name Florence State Teachers College. The Works Progress Administration completed the…

Flowers Hall.jpg
Flowers Hall first opened in 1972 and still continues to be used today. It is the home court for the volleyball team and the men’s and women’s basketball teams. It was named after Hubert A. “Eddie” Flowers, who was a long time head of the…

Jason Isbell.jpg
(Michael) Jason Isbell, who was born on February 1st, 1979, in Greenhill, Alabama (two miles from the Alabama-Tennessee state line) is an Alabama musician and songwriter whose work very much embodies a distinctive sense of place.

He grew up in…

Mount Zion was a Rosenwald school located in Florence, Alabama. The local community was provided a grant from Julius Rosenwald to build a school for the African American community. Like other Rosenwald schools the local community had to provide…

Old Lexington Post  Office.jpg
The old Lexington Post Office (circa 1940) had fallen into dis-repair and disuse after the new post office was built. Several businesses attempted to make the space usable without major updates.

When Dr. Paul Corfman, who grew up in North Alabama,…

LEOIII.png
Description: Leo was born April 14, 1974 in Knoxville, Tennessee. He came to UNA on July 22, 1973. Dr. Robert M. Guillot established a new tradition by making UNA the only school in the country to have a live lion mascot living on campus. In addition…

Thimbleton.png
The Thimbelton home is located on 221 West Tuscaloosa Street in Florence, Alabama. Originally built as a two-story frame home in 1830, Thimbleton was modified to a Second Empire style home in the late 1800s. The home now has a false mansard roof…

Communications.jpg
The Communications building has been a part of the University of North Alabama since 1939. It is located on Pine Street. The building, designed by the Birmingham architecture firm Warren Knight and Davis, started off as a gymnasium that included a…

Coby Brubaker.jpg
Coby Hall is located on North Court Street in Florence, Alabama.

Funds for its purchase in 1990 were provided by Mr. David Brubaker. Brubaker purchased what was then Irvine place for $375,000. At a ceremony on December 7, 1990 Brubaker donated the…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2