The Communications Building, UNA
University of North Alabama; Education; Lauderdale County, Alabama; Florence, Alabama
The Communications building has been a part of the University of North Alabama since 1939. It is located on Pine Street. The building, designed by the Birmingham architecture firm Warren Knight and Davis, started off as a gymnasium that included a swimming pool in the basement. In 1972 the building was transformed into a media center that gradually became a Communications and Theater building. Today it is known only as the Communications Building. It cost $100,000 to construct the building.
Traci Adams, University of North Alabama
UNA School Journal (date unknown) and The Florence Times (November 22, 1938), University of North Alabama Archives
Alabama Cultural Resource Survey
November 24, 2015