Collier Library was built by the Works Project Administration and opened to students in 1930. It was built in the Gothic Revival architectural style, like many of the WPA buildings on the University of North Alabama campus. In 1963, an expansion doubled the size of the original library and in 1982, another expansion again doubled the square footage of the library.
Ashley Pentecost, University of North Alabama
"Collier Memorial Library." Department of History & Political Science. Accessed April 15, 2015.
Alabama Cultural Resource Survey