Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Hospital

Shelby Springs Resort Hotel is believed to have been built sometime around 1839 providing accomodations to tourists coming to avail themselves of the mineral waters.   In about 1856 Mr. Jasper J. Norris of Selma leased the property consisting of…

The Chapel
Founded as the Auburn Presbyterian Church in 1851, “the Chapel” was built by local slaves belonging to one of Auburn’s first residents, Edwin Reese. Like Langdon Hall and Old Main Hall, it served as a makeshift hospital from July 1864 through…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2