Flanagan Lumber Company
Industry; Lumber; Pleasant Hill, AL; Limestone County, AL
Samuel Gideon Flanagan opened a sawmill in the community of Pleasant Hill in 1904. The sawmill operated as S.G. Flanagan Lumber until 1940, when it became more of a retail lumberyard. In 1960, the company was eventually incorporated as Flanagan Lumber Company, Inc. The company was operated by S. G. and his two sons, Delwood and Ozro. Delwood and Ozro continued operating the company after their father's death in 1966. Delwood's son, Gideon, joined his uncle Ozro in managing the company. The lumber company still owns the original lumberyard in Pleasant Valley and also operates another lumberyard located in Athens on Shaw Street.
Dylan Tucker, University of North Alabama
County, Ala. The Heritage of Limestone County, Alabama. Limited 1st ed. Clanton, AL: Heritage Pub. Consultants, 1998.
Alabama Cultural Resource Survey