Deshler High School (1950-Present)
Deshler High School; Tuscumbia School System; Tuscumbia, Alabama; Colbert County, Alabama; High School; School; Education
The current Deshler High School was opened in 1950 on the site of the antebellum Winston plantation located across the Commons from the Deshler Stadium. In 1954, Tuscumbia added a cafeteria, auditorium, and Junior High building. In 1966, work began on a new round gymnasium with surrounding vocational shops and a hexagonal library. The high school is located on N. Commons Street, near where the original stood.
Thomas Hale, University of North Alabama
“About the School: History of Deshler”, Accessed on November 20, 2015, www.deshlerhigh.org/?PageName='AboutTheSchool'
Alabama Cultural Resource Survey
November 30, 2015