Pinetucket (Foster Home)
Auburn, AL; Lee County, AL; Greek Revival; Economy; Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage
Pinetucket was built by Lewis Allen Foster around 1850 in the Greek Revival style. The owner was one of the leading entrepreneurs in 19th century Auburn. Foster's primary business was tin ware, the art of which he taught to young men that lived in a dormitory on the property. The property also contained a brick works, iron works, sawmill, and photography studio. Auburn University's Samford Hall was built using Foster's bricks. Located on five acres of land, the site contains the original brick carriage house, barn, corn crib, and an art studio. The home was placed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage in 1977. It is located on Wire Road to the southwest of Auburn.
Text: Lee County Heritage Book Committee, The Heritage of Lee County (Clanton, AL: Heritage Publishing Consultants: 2000), 24.
Alabama Cultural Resource Survey