St. Marks Missionary Baptist Church
The site of St. Mark's missionary Baptist Church has been in continuous use by the African-American community of Florence since 1859. Originally, the church body met under a brush arbor. The current church building was built in 1901.
Ashley Pentecost, University of North Alabama
University of North Alabama archives; Dr. Carolyn Barske, Images of America: Florence.
Alabama cultural resource survey