Architectural drawings; Watercolors; Houses; Dwellings; Doors & doorways; Windows; Shutters; Porches; Columns; Balconies; Hand railings; Woodwork; Roofs; Chimneys; Moldings; Women; Trees; Landscapes (Representations)
This image is a watercolor painting of the Cole Home in Macon, Georgia (probably the Jerry Cowles House) done by Harry A. MacEwan sometime between 1917 and 1942. The year the house was built in is unknown. The painting shows the front exterior of the house with its doors, windows, shutters, columned porch, steps, balcony, wooden hand railing, sloped roof, and two chimneys surrounded by trees and landscaping. There is a woman in period dress at the base of the steps. The house is placed within framing art showing its architectural features including the molding under the roof, the columns, the wooden railing from the balcony, a side view of the house, and a floor plan. In the lower right corner, there is an Alabama Polytechnic Institute School of Architecture stamp with the handwritten inscription "2nd Medal", a red star, and an artist block which reads: "Measured drawing, Harry A. MacEwan, Alabama Poly. Inst., Auburn, Ala." The painting is in good condition with a minor piece missing from the upper right corner and is encapsulated.
MacEwan, Harry A. (rendering) ; Alexander, Elam (house)
Auburn University Libraries. Special Collections and Archives Dept. Architecture, School of -- Architectural Renderings Student Projects
Auburn University Libraries
This image is the property of the Auburn University Libraries and is intended for non-commercial use. Users of the image are asked to acknowledge the Auburn University Libraries. For information about obtaining high-resolution copies of this and other images in this collection, please contact the Auburn University Libraries Special Collections & Archives Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (334) 844-1732.
Library of Congress (Historic American Buildings Survey): http://www.loc.gov/item/ga0035/
Macon -- Bibb County -- Georgia ; 4596 Rivoli Drive (moved from 519 Walnut Street (corner of Walnut Street and Vine Street) after WWII), Macon, Bibb County, GA
Still Image Item Type Metadata
98 x 144 cm