The Church of Christ Scientist
Churches; Decatur, AL; Morgan County, AL
The Christian Science Society of Alabany-Decatur organized the Church of Christ Scientist in 1926 and constructed a church at 6th Avenue and Johnston Street. In July 1936, the original society became an authorized branch church under the name: First Church of Christ, Scientist, Decatur, Alabama. A Christian Science Reading Room is maintained at 112 2nd Avenue NE.
Dylan Tucker, University of North Alabama
Historic Neighborhood National Register Inventory
Alabama Cultural Resource Survey