Pine Grove Academy
Education; Lee County, AL; Beulah, AL; Beulah High School; Wallace, K.L.; Pine Grove Methodist Church
Located near Beulah, Pine Grove Academy was founded in the 1870s, next to the land that K.L. Wallace donated to the Methodist church on Lee County Road 262. The school has succumbed to the ravages of time, but the original church site still exists, albeit as a private residence. Pine Grove Methodist Church’s modern facility is located less than a mile from the original church and school site. This tiny county school only covered through the tenth grade. An arsonist attempted to torch Pine Grove Academy three times in the mid-1920s, finally achieving success on the third attempt. The school’s former student body thus consolidated with Beulah High School in 1928.
Text Source: The Heritage of Lee County Book Committee, The Heritage of Lee County, Alabama (Clanton, AL: Heritage Publishing Consultants, 2000), 69.
Alabama Cultural Resource Survey